Saturday, June 4, 2011

Head to Head





Yesterday morning, I left for work. As usual. Went down the elevator. Doors opened at the lobby. As they opened, I heard the doors of the adjacent elevator open simultaneously.


Weird.


So, as I exited the elevator, I glanced at the person coming out of the other one through my peripheral vision.


It was a woman.


She looked familiar.


I looked away.


Then realized, it’s my arch enemy.


My stalker.


My cousin Ramona.


The one who followed me to my apartment building, then bought a unit in it. Now she lives downstairs.


Ugh.


I looked at her again.


She was looking down.


I don’t think she saw me or knew who I was.


For a split moment, I thought, “Maybe I can just walk away right now and she won’t realize it was me!”


Um, really? Do you think I’d really get away with that?


I couldn’t turn around and walk the other way, or go back into the elevator and wait for her to leave, like I did one time before.


Or could I?


No. There we were. Head to head.


There was no where to go. No where to run. No where to hide.


I figured, I made enough enemies for one week. I better just take my medicine.


Dammit.


So, instead, I stopped. Stood in front of her with my hand on my hip, and stared at her until she looked at me.


“Oh, hi BSM! How are you?!” Kiss, kiss.


"Hello Ramona." Smooch, smooch.


We walked through the lobby and out to the street together. All the while, I was wishing she was not there.


We talked. But I didn’t hear a word she said. All I could only think was, I need to move!


Immediately.



No comments:

Post a Comment