Monday, January 30, 2012

Match Dot Shlong



I had a profile up on a dating website for a while. “Had” is the operative word.


It was actually a site for people of a particular culture.


I really don’t like dating websites, but I figure I may as well try, right? Even though they give me the creeps. And I thought it might be good because it was guys with the same background as me.


So, a got a hit from a cute guy. He was a good age. Divorced. Two kids. Seemed legit. I had to actually pay up for the stupid thing in order to write back to the dude. But, you know, I got a good feeling about it.


It took me about a month to do it, but I did. I was pondering over it. Should I? Shouldn't I?


Whatever, whatever.


So finally I signed up and got back in touch with him.


And the guy was still interested!


I was kinda excited about it.


He wrote back, “Here’s my email adres and telphone nummer. Call mee soon if you fell sayfe.”


I told him I’d feel safer if I could email him first (even though his spelling sucked for someone with a Masters degree), and he agreed.


His email address was his first and last name. So, since I had his full name, of course I Googled him.


Guess what came up?


His profile on “MiPuta.com”


His screen name was HOTGUY-4U


It read, “ GOOD LOOKING ‘RUSSIAN’ GUY WHO LOVES ‘BRITISH’ LADIES. LOOK HOT, DRESS HOT AND YOUR MINE.”


Note his spelling of ‘you’re’.


Also, I substituted the nationalities to protect the innocent. Other than that, that’s what it read verbatim.


On the site, there were like a million hot chicks’ pictures. And by hot, I mean they all look like hookers.


So. Hmmm.


This was the nice guy who, out of all of the guys on dating websites who I never gave the time of day, I decided was a good one?


Oh brother, my judgment with men is really in the shitter


I got so grossed out; of course I never contacted him.


I’m gonna be single forever.



1 comment:

  1. I married a man from an online web dating service. Not my best move. My daughter keeps hooking up with these guys and they never seem to be who they say they are. Be careful, get out and about. Just have fun and you will probably meet a real nice man when you are least expecting it. Best wishes...

    ReplyDelete