Sunday, April 1, 2012

Dude Where’s My Car?







I lost my car on Saturday.



Well, it’s ok.


I found it.


But from the time I lost it to the time I found it, I think I grew 20 grey hairs.


I parked my car on the street on Friday afternoon. I always park my car on the street. Sometimes I forget where I put it, but it hasn’t happened in a while.


It’s a common problem. And easy mistake to make when you park in a different place, on a different block every day. The days sort of end up running into each other and then you forget.


Anyway, in parked on Friday afternoon on my block, a few Avenues west of my place. I had to really maneuver my car into the parking spot, since a huge white truck was double parked next to the car in front of my spot. It was a really good spot.


On Saturday, I was headed out to Long Island to see the family. I was running really late and it was cold and raining out. I started walking to the car. Only, when I got to the street where I thought the car was, it wasn’t there.


Hmmm. Maybe it’s on the next street over.


I walked over to that street. No car.


Maybe it’s on the next Avenue.


I walked over to that Avenue. No car.


It’s raining and cold. And now I’m beginning to panic.


Where the heck did I park the flippin car?


I had to stop and think.


Think!!


Maybe I’ll have to hail a cab and make him drive me round and look for it. I was getting fatigued.


It was also getting later and later. It’s almost not worth going anymore. As it was, I was running so late.


Maybe I should just turn around and go back to the apartment. But, I’ll have to find the car eventually. I may as well just keep looking.


Then, as a last resort, I prayed. I’m not the most religious person, but in times of need like this, I figured I’d give it a shot.


I prayed to the saint who helps you find lost shit, Saint Fenurious.


Suddenly, I remembered the big white truck. That made me remember the street it was on. The car wasn’t on one of the streets I was looking on. It was on my street! The street I live on.


I headed back towards my street.


As I turned the corner, there it was. My sweet car was sitting there waiting for me. Winking at me, as it always does.


I sweetie! There you are! Thanks for waiting for me!!


My faithful car was patiently waiting.


I unlocked the door and jumped in for warmth and dryness.


Thank you Saint Fanurious!



2 comments:

  1. Forgetting where you parked your car is often the small blunders busy people commit. Believe it or not, I have a colleague to whom this happens almost always. She has so many things running in her mind, being the boss and all, so she keeps forgetting where she parked her car. So, I suggested she get a viper alarm system installed in her car so she can keep track of it.

    Nicole Vickers

    ReplyDelete
  2. “But from the time I lost it to the time I found it, I think I grew 20 grey hairs.”---- If I were in your situation, I would probably be stressed too! Of course, we’re talking about a car here. It wasn’t a thing that you can buy any moment you like. Well, you must’ve been grateful that you found it. I’d totally be distressed if I lost my car for real.

    Delsie Maidens

    ReplyDelete