Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Take This Job and Shove It-6


Blink. Blink. Blink.


Ugh!


Fever.


Sweats.


Blink. Blink. Blink.


Getting emergency calls from all over the territory. Got like 15 requests in a couple of days time.


I was freakin’ starting to lose my shit.


How could I be expected to work when I felt so sick? Why couldn’t I have a couple of sick days? Is this how it works when you work from home? Well or ill, you work?


And how can I be expected to take planes to these towns in a couple of days? How do I make it stop?


It’s not like a regular job. You’re sick. You stay home and watch TV for a couple of days until your fever goes down. Then you drag your sorry ass to work and shlep for the rest of the week.


No. Me? In order for me to go back to work, I have to take a flight to the Podunk town and hope I can fix whatever fucokta problem these people are having. No shlepping for me. No. I can’t just take the friggin’ subway to work, I have to take a plane!


As I lied in bed in my puddle of shvitz, I thought more and more about these things. And I really started to freak out.



No comments:

Post a Comment