Sunday, November 13, 2011

Diapers or Depends?

I attended a party recently. There I saw many old friends and acquaintances. It was very nice to see old familiar faces. One of those faces was my frenemy, Malice. I hadn’t seen Malice, since she stole my boyfriend for like the umpteenth time two years ago. But all the same, somehow, it was nice to see her.


As she waved frantically at me from the bar, I noticed a crusty old man standing next to her.


Naaah. It couldn’t be, I thought.


It was.


Malice introduced me to her ‘boyfriend,’ Old Crusty Guy. No, his name was Bob.


Bob was tall, balding, white hair. Pasty.


Malice told me he was 62. Looked more like 102 to me.


Wow. Malice used to steal the cutest guys from me. Now look at what she ends up with. But really, good for her I say. It’s more than what I got. A whole lotta nothin.


Later on, our friend Julianne started bitchin’ to me about Malice’s beau.


But when you think about it, that’s the guy we want. That’s the age we should be going for. It’s good. If our man is so old, we will never be. We will always be young.


Julianne goes to me, “Did you see Malice’s boyfriend? We don’t go for that. We got for the young ones!”


Who’s we?


That’s not true. I’m not attracted to a guy in diapers.


I’m not attracted to a guy in Depends either.


Hmmm. That doesn’t leave me with many options.


This sucks.


Single women my age are screwed.



No comments:

Post a Comment