Thursday, December 22, 2011

So, He Didn’t Kick the Cab THAT Hard, Did He?







I saw him today.


The ‘kick the cab’ guy.


After five years.


And he looked as handsome as ever.


Damn.


I was still attracted.


Shit!


I missed him.


Fuck!!


About six years ago I dated Lafayette. I was really crazy about him.


Really.


But I had to break up with him after three months because of his bad temper.


One evening out in Manhattan, as we were crossing the street, a cab cut us off. Lafayette became so angry so quickly that he kicked the cab as it passed. And I got scared.


It was at that moment that I decided I couldn’t be with him even though I was crazy about him.


I know that I mostly write about the nutty stuff that goes on in my life here, as a single woman in the big city. But what you don’t know is that I was in an abusive marriage. It was so scary that I can never go back. So, any sign of any kind of abuse from anyone; a boyfriend, girlfriend, boss is a red flag for me.


So, you can imagine my fear when the kick the cab moment took place.


To make a long story short, I broke it off with my sweet heart.


Seeing him again today really hit me.


So, here I am.


Alone,


As usual.


Thinking about it. Six years later.


And wondering if people can change.


When we all know they don’t.


Then, wondering if I over reacted.


He Didn’t Kick the Cab THAT Hard, Did He?




No comments:

Post a Comment