Friday, January 21, 2011

Take This Job and Shove It-3

Number one: I was still poor. Once I started the job, I find out I’m not going to get the scratch until I complete a three to four month training. So, instead of making mucho dinero, I was losing cash. I didn’t get a paycheck for the first few weeks of working AND I had to pay out-of-pocket for hotel and food bills I racked up with all the traveling that was required. So I had to dip into my savings to keep up.

Half my salary was commission on a product. Three months in the product was recalled. There went half my salary.

Number two: Working from home was lonely. There was nobody there to ask a question or run anything by. I would work all day. From morning to night. It was difficult to put time limits on myself to just stop.

Number three: The Blackberry blew up day and night. 24/7. Ten o’clock at night to 8 am on Sunday. Since the job paid for the phone, I figured I’d use it for business and personal. Wrong. It got to the point where I startled every time it buzzed. And it buzzed constantly.

Number four: I hated my territory. It was horrible podunk towns in the boonies, which I had to fly to, or drive five hours to. I was going to have to visit these places a lot more than expected. I began to dread it.

Number five: I know the job was providing support for those who needed it. But once the recall hit, customers called and emailed cranky and angry. They all wanted me to come to their podunk town to solve all their problems.

Why me?

What have I done?

2 comments: