Thursday, March 10, 2011

Attorney at Flaw. Part Deux.




… If there is a next time.


The Attorney called the following week.


We played telephone tag for a few days. He’d asked to take me out during the week. Given that I was still hungry from the last date, I was a bit hesitant. I also thought that we should make a plan for a date and him not call me to go out that day or the following day.


By the time we actually connected, it was Thursday night. He asked to go out this week. I pointed out that the week was pretty much over. And that I’d already made weekend plans. This did not go over very well with the counselor. He got a little huffy.


Hmmm.


I suggested we make a date for the following week.


He wanted to go out on a Monday night, in Long Island. I should take the Long Island Railroad to the venue and he would drive me back to the city afterwards.


Um. Let me think about this.


Um. In my nude patent leather peep-toe Christian Louboutins? I don’t think so.


Nope.


I told him that weekdays are a little tricky because of work the next day. He snapped back, “Well, that’s why I’m being nice enough to drive you back home afterwards.”


Well, what a gentleman.


“I’ll have to get back to you on that.”


I continued to try to pin down a day for the following week, but he kept saying, “Well, you can let me know what day is good for you.”


Then I would say, “Well, Thursday is good.”


And he just kept telling me I could let him know.


So, that’s sort of how we left it.


I know the guy for a week and a half and he’s already having a diva fit on me.


I’m certainly not going to call him and tell him again that Thursday is good for me, am I?


Come to think of it, Thursday is probably not good anymore either. And neither is Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday!


I was going to go for a third date to try and figure this all out. But is it really necessary?


Am I done?


Do I need to learn any more?


So, is it me? Am I being too critical? Too demanding? Too ‘The Rules”?


Or is this just an Attorney at Flaw?


Please let me know what you think.



No comments:

Post a Comment