Friday, March 25, 2011

Naked Without My Cell 2




So?


What do you think I did?


Nope.


Didn’t buy an iPhone.


Thought that, until I made up my mind, I would re-activate my old Palm Treo instead.


A couple of months ago, my sis, Snookie, helped me do some winter cleaning. At that time we came across a box of my old cell phones and faceplate covers. Snookie was like, “Hand ‘em over! We can donate them.”


“Um …


… O …


… K … ?”


I somehow felt quite uneasy about this. But I succumbed to the peer pressure.


I handed over the box to her with trepedation.


Now, here I am, three months later. With a dead Blackberry.


I emailed Snookie. “Could you please bring me those cell phones I gave you? I think I’ll hook one up until I can decide about the iPhone.”


“Huh? What cell phones?”


Whaaaaaat?? What the heck was she saying? Doesn’t she remember the donation/winter cleaning exchange? How could she not?


I emailed her back. “Remember? The ones I gave you for the flea market?”


Two days later, “Oh yeah! Now I remember.”


Thank goodness!


So I hooked up my tried and true, but beat to a pulp, held together with duct tape, Palm Treo. Great phone. And it still works, unlike my Crackberry.


When I got to the Verizon store, all they did was try and sell me another phone the whole time. Jeez. Can’t I just get my silly old phone connected, please?


So, now when folks ask me why I didn’t just get the iPhone 4, I say I’m waiting for the iPhone 5.


I just hope that the iPhone 6 doesn’t come out one month after that!



No comments:

Post a Comment