Saturday, March 5, 2011

Attorney at Flaw





So, is it me? Am I being too critical? Too demanding? Too ‘The Rules”?


I met a man on an Internet dating site. He’s an attorney. We liked each other quickly and exchanged cell phone numbers. He called immediately and we made plans to have a first meeting that weekend. That Friday, I was on my way home from happy hour with co-workers, and I got a text.


“Wacha up to?”


“Happy hour.”


“Wanna meet up for a drink tonight?”


“Let’s just stick to the plan of our date this weekend.”


“Oh. I thought you’d be more spontaneous.”


Hmmm.


Is this guy already an asshole?


Maybe not. I’ll give him a chance.


So I met him that weekend.


He was in touch during the following week, and we made plans to see each other that Friday night at 7:30.


7:30. That’s dinner, right?


Yeah, I thought so.


So I didn’t eat ahead of time.


He offered to pick me up at my apartment. I said, “No. That’s ok. I’ll meet you there.”


He said it would be no problem for him to pick me up.


“Um, no. That’s ok. I’ll meet you there.”


I never have new dates know where I live.


So I get to the restaurant and he has a table at the bar lounge. Immediately I think, “Shit. I should have eaten before I came.”


And I should have, because he ordered drinks and a couple of appetizers. Spring rolls and grilled zucchini.


I had a nice time. But I was starving…


… and trashed.


I guess I better eat before I go out with this guy next time.



No comments:

Post a Comment