Sunday, May 8, 2011

Shhh. Be Vewy Quiet. We’re Hunting Wabbits.





I went to a mixer for a potential Jersey Shore share house last week. I did this house about two years ago and thought I might do it again this year. I knew a lot of people from my house two years ago. So that was cool. By the end of the night, two guys asked me for my number (I was having a good hair day). Both of them were in my house.



They were all, “Oh, hello. It’s nice to meet you.”


I was like, “Um, I was in your house last year. We met already.”


“Oh really?”


I mean, how stupid can you get? It’s not as if I was 400 lbs. two years ago, and had gastric bypass or something. Or as if I was a blond, and now a brunette.


Whatever.


One asked for my number. He had his Blackberry ready, so I gave it to him. The other was looking for a pen. I told him to look me up on Facebook.


I really wasn’t interested in either of them, but the male attention was nice. Also, I figured, they’d never call or write anyway.


Sure enough, a few days later, bachelor number one emailed.


A few days after that, bachelor number two friended me.


Wow. I must have been having a better hair day than I thought!


A few more days later, my phone rang. It was an unfamiliar number. I stared at my phone.


Hmmm.


Should I pick it up?


I don’t know.


Maybe I should.


Maybe I shouldn’t!


What should I do??


I hate picking up an unfamiliar number.


But then, I decided to go for it.


Live life on the edge, BSM!


I picked up, “Hello?”


“Hewwoe.” Replied a very quiet, timid, high pitched male voice.


“Hello?”


“Hewwoe? The voice sounded kind of like Elmer Fudd. “Is this Blue Shoes Manhattan?”


Ok. I thought. This person just said my name. They know me. But who is this??


“Umm. Who is this?” I asked.


“Lafayette.” Doing his best Elmer Fudd impression. It must be hunting season.


As soon as he said his name, I quickly began trying to think if there was anyone I knew named Lafayette. Taking inventory in my head. I couldn’t.


Who. Who. Who could this be?


I tried to stall, saying stuff like, “Oh, hi, blah, blah, blah. How are you?”


Finally, I asked, “I’m sorry. Do I know you?”


“Lafayette, from the Shore house.”


Bachelor number two.


He asked me out.


I turned him down.


Just call me Buggs Bunny.


Looks like it’s gonna be an interesting summer.



No comments:

Post a Comment