Saturday, May 21, 2011

Wardrobe Malfunction!





I love the fashion of the 1940’s.


My mother has kept a lot of the clothes she wore back then. I love to wear it. So I go through her closets often.


There’s a suit from the 50’s that I like to wear. The last time I wore it was in the 80’s. But I found it in my closet recently and thought I could resurrect it. Since I finally waxed my legs for spring, I decided to wear it to work yesterday.


Put it on.


Yey, it fits!!


Even with my minor weight gain.


Looked fantastic.


Off to work!


Get my coffee.


Jump in my car.


Rrrrrrrriiiiiiiiippppppp!!!!!!


“Huh?”


“Did I hear something?”


“Was it a rip?”


“No. It couldn’t be.”


Started the car.


“I must have imagined it.”


Turned on Elvis Duran on Z100.


“Let me just check.”


Reached down and felt the back of the skirt around my bottom. All I could feel was my tights.


“Oh no!”


“It’s ripped!!”


Now what was I gonna do? If I go back up and change, I’ll be late. If I go to work, I’ll have a three-foot rip in my skirt all day.


Guess I’m going up to change.


Called work to tell them I was going to be late.


Scurried up and found the first dress I could find.


Stepped into it.


Zipped it up. “Ah. Thank goodness it fits!”


Went right back out the door.


Made it to work only 15 minutes late.


I got compliments all day on my dress.


Go figure.



No comments:

Post a Comment