Friday, February 19, 2010

Love means never having to say, I’m returning.




I procrastinated. The bag was placed neatly near the door. It sat there for weeks before I could actually do it. But I knew it had to be done. It was like taking your ailing pet to the vet, knowing you’d come home alone. Or breaking up with a boyfriend.


Yes. The quilted turquoise metallic Chanel 2.55 Re-Issue classic flap bag was going to be…


RETURNED!


I’d made a deal with the devil (my sister) and now I had to pay. I mustered up the courage to do it. So, I picked up the bag containing my quilted turquoise metallic Chanel 2.55 Re-Issue classic flap bag and went down to the bus. Got off at Bergdorf. Did not look left. Did not look right. Did not want to see anything beautiful, that I ‘needed’. Passed the designer bags and the designer sunglasses. B-lined it to the elevator. Got off at the 6th floor; the credit department. Handed the bag to the salesperson. “May I help you?”


“Yes. I’m returning.” (Waaaaah!)


She took the bag containing my beautiful quilted turquoise metallic Chanel 2.55 Re-Issue classic flap bag, and disappeared into the back room. I waited patiently. Hands sweating, heart pounding.


She came back. Handed me a white slip of paper, smiled and said, “Your credit has gone onto your Bergdorf card.”


“Thank you.” (sniff, sniff)


And she walked away.


My beautiful quilted turquoise metallic Chanel 2.55 Re-Issue classic flap bag was gone. I missed it already and I’ll never be the same. I glanced down at the credit slip.


“$3524.78”


Sweet! Maybe I’ll buy a knock-off.

No comments:

Post a Comment