Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I’m Mr. Snow Miser




It’s hot. But I’m cold! What’s up with that?

It’s the middle of July in New York City. I’ve recently travelled to California, Indiana, Minnesota, and Nebraska, where it’s an average of 400 degrees right now. So, why am I freezing?

A.C.

Air conditioning.

Does anyone else have a problem with this?

I don’t understand why I need to be freezing wherever I go; cabs, planes, buses, airports, hotels, restaurants, conference rooms.

I’m travelling to a warm weather area. Why is it that I need to pack a parka?

It doesn’t matter where you go. It’s always friggin’ freezing.

I was in the Swiss Alps and I was warmer. At least I was prepared with thermals and the right clothing. I don’t understand it. Is everyone so hot that they need it to be 40 degrees indoors? I think it is going to be warmer in Lindsay Lohan’s jail cell than that!

By the way, I’m on a plane right now. It’s 35 degrees, and I’m freezing my ass off. And God forbid someone gives you a fashtunkena blanket. No way.

When am I allowed to go to a warm-weather place, and actually be warm? Anywhere?

I can think of one now.

Europe.

Greece.

When you’re on a Greek Island, there’s no AC. You can’t find anything cold there in the summer. Not even ice.

It’s hot. And it’s heavenly.

There, the Heat Miser wins.


No comments:

Post a Comment