Saturday, July 17, 2010

Stranded




I was at a business conference in Miami. During the trip, my boss and I did a favor for someone. In return, she treated us both to massages. I’d never had a massage before, to the disbelief of my co-workers. I didn’t even really know if I wanted one. I mean, the thought of being alone and naked in a hotel room with a stranger touching my body with oil, really kinda creeped me out. However, after much contemplation, I decided to go for it.


The night I schedule the massage for, was an evening that my co-workers were all going to go out for dinner together. I would catch up with them afterwards. So, I ordered room service and prepared to be massaged. It went fine. But I never really relaxed and enjoyed it the way others describe.


Whatever.


Per the masseuse’s instructions, I showered afterwards. After the shower, I was lounging in the room with my fluffy robe, slippers, and towel wrapped high around my head. Very similar to Marge Simpson’s hair. Which is blue, by the way. My robe, slippers, and towel, however, were not. They were white.


I decided to get rid of my dirty dinner tray, so I rolled the dinner cart out the door and placed it neatly in the hallway.


Click.


I turned around and was staring at a closed door.


What?


Huh?


Did I just…?


NOOOOOOOO!


I was locked out of my room! Stuck in the hallway in my white fluffy, bathrobe, slippers, and Marge Simpson towel head!


Ugh!


Now what was I gonna do?


The halls were thankfully empty as I quickly looked back and forth, up and down the hallway.


What was I to do? My roommate wasn’t set to return until late, I couldn’t go down to the lobby like this. I thought about knocking on the door of the famous surgeon who I knew was staying across the hall from us. But no, I couldn’t.


I finally decided to venture down the hallway and look for a house phone. I tried it. No dial tone. No answer! Damn.


Now what?


Think Blue Shoes! Think!


Finally, a bellhop passed by. I talked to him. Convinced him that I was locked out. Went through the whole story. All while wearing my crazy get-up! I guess he believed me, and he was off to get a pass key.


Of course he left me waiting in the middle of the hallway with my Marge Simpson towel on my head.


I have a question. Does anyone else have this shit happen to them? Or is it just me??



No comments:

Post a Comment