Sunday, July 11, 2010

I'm Back!



So, as I previously mentioned, I got a new job. I just started it. Like four weeks ago. A lot of travel is involved. I haven’t posted since I started. Because, I’M EXHAUSTED! I’ve already traveled to California, three times, and to Indianapolis since I began. And I really gotta make sure I do a good job. Otherwise, I’m poor again.


So. Please forgive me for the absence.


So, I’m exhausted.


Did I mention, I’m exhausted?


Sorry.


I’ll stop it.


Today, I’m in Indy. Training. I’m training with a woman from Charlotte. She’s really nice and we get along very well. We met in California, on my first trip out there, like my second day of work. She’s doing the same training. Turns out, we art sort of training together. So, she’s here, in Indianapolis as well. By the way, her name is, Yetta.


Yetta and I have been hanging out for meals and stuff. We go to breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Get separate checks so that we can expense our meals. Submit our individual credit cards.


Tonight we went to Charleston’s. We were dressed nicely and had a very nice dinner. We had some friendly banter with the waiter before and during the meal. Where are you from? Where are YOU from?


He distributed our separate checks. We both took out our credit cards and placed them in the small folders, while continuing to talk. I think I was telling a story or something. We placed our bill folders on the edge of the table. Credit cards poking out the top.


The waiter passed by and picked them up.


We continued to yenta it up.


The waiter returned with the two folders. He says to Yenta, “Here’s yours.”


Then he says with a straight face, “… and THIS one has someone’s room key in it.”


OMG!!!


Yetta and I look at each other and burst out laughing.


Oh my god! I just gave this guy my room key instead of my credit card!!


How embarrassing!!


Does he think I just hit on him??


Poor Yetta. She has no idea who she’s with. Little does she know she’s with Blue Shoes Manhattan!


She’ll never be the same.



No comments:

Post a Comment