Sunday, April 10, 2011

I bumped into President Obama racing to Gucci






I’m invited to a birthday party for a work girlfriend, JWow. Another co-worker was invited as well, Angelina. Angelina and I thought we’d go together. And perhaps go in on a birthday gift together as well. Sounds pretty basic. Yes?


No.


We had a budget of $100.


Weeks prior to the event, I started coming up with gift ideas. I asked Angelina, “How about a gift certificate to Ouidad curly hair salon?”


“No. She got a treatment.”


“How about a hand made knit scarf?”


“No. Spring is coming.”


Angelina has a friend who makes jewelry. She suggested that, but I didn’t feel it was enough from two people.


So, she said she’d go shopping on her day off.


… But she didn’t.


I was coming up with more ideas.


“Gucci?” Online, the cell phone case or the make-up cases were $150.


Angelina agreed to the make-up case. So I was going to go to Gucci to pick it up. By then, it was the Wednesday before the party. There was no time to order online, which would have been much simpler.


I planned to go over to Fifth Avenue after work. I got on the bus to Bergdorf Goodman. They have Gucci AND it’s my favorite store. It took forever to get there. What’s up with the traffic today?


Got there and they didn’t have the make-up case. But they suggested I buy a scarf for my budget. I stopped by the Chanel counter on the way. This was a very dangerous venture for me, but I survived unscathed.


Off to Gucci!


Walked a block over to Gucci. Jeez! Nothing was under $200 there. Not even the make up cases I saw online for $150!


They suggested I buy a scarf.


Now what do I do?


Off to Saks Fifth Avenue.


I began to walk the seven blocks to 49th Street and 5th Avenue, in the rain.


I’m hungry.


I’m tired.


I called Angelina to get her input. No answer.


Bitch.


As I approached 53rd Street, there were police and a motorcade. And they weren’t allowing anyone to cross the street.


Damn! Don’t they know I need to get to Saks!!


It was President Obama!



No comments:

Post a Comment