Saturday, April 16, 2011

Blue shoes and Obama, sittin in a tree






It was President Obama!


That’s right. He was meeting with Al Sharpton.


I wish he would have stopped. I’m sure he could have hooked me up with a Gucci make-up case.


I have no time for this! I have to get to Saks!


Finally, one of the cops yells, “Ok, you can cross. But do it now, because the street’s going to be closed for the next 20 minutes!!”


I thought, “I better go, go, go before I’m stuck here all night. Without Gucci.”


“Bye. Bye. Obama! I’m off to Saks.”


Saks didn’t have any Gucci, Prada, or freakin’ Coach for that matter, for under 200 bucks. And the customer service sucked.


Everyone was telling me I should buy a scarf, while yawning and avoiding eye contact.


Ugh!


Still no word from Angelina.


I decided to leave Saks and head back to Gucci. Forget this! And forget Angelina! I’ll just buy the make up case for $190 and I’ll pay the difference, I thought.


I finally got to Gucci at 7:03 P.M.


Try to open the door.


Pull. Pull.


It must be stuck.


Pull. Pull.


The big Gucci-suited bouncer grunted, “We’re closed.”


“Go away and come back tomorrow.”


Now what? All this, and nothing to show for it but a tryst with the Prez.


I looked right. Do I just go get the bus home?


I looked left. Or should I walk back to Saks?


I walked right, to the bus stop, empty handed, and waited 25 minutes in the rain and cold in my fabulous turquoise spring coat. A lady at the bus stop complimented my blue coat.


Ring, ring.


It’s Angelina. I updated her. She still wanted to get handmade jewelry from her friend. She didn’t think designer accessories were very JWOW anymore anyway. Whatever the fuck that means.


Do we really care anymore? It’s crunch time! We are not shopping for the freakin’ Queen of England here. Let’s just buy something and she can just exchange it for the love of God!!


But I was nice. Angelina said she’d go shopping tomorrow on her day off.


This is ridiculous.


I think I wanna buy my own gift.



No comments:

Post a Comment