Sunday, April 25, 2010

Pick Me Up At The Pierre


I only met one guy on Match.com. In person, that is. I was contacted by a man whose profile said he was 44, a businessman, tall, dark, handsome, and we shared the same background. Sounded great, right? I thought so too.


He wrote to me a few times, then suggested we meet. I figured, why not? I was going to chance it.


We made arrangements. He was going to be at a business meeting at the Pierre Hotel, which was near my apartment. He suggested meeting there after his meeting. I arrived at the Pierre at the scheduled time. I wore a cute pair of black slacks, turquoise blue sweater (it was winter) and a beautiful pair of turquoise blue suede Christian Louboutin booties, of course! Oh, and a little black and gold Chanel purse. Mmmm. Let’s just say, Blue Shoes was rockin’!


I looked for him at the bar. A tall, dark, handsome man in a suit got up and walked towards me. The closer her got, the more I realized it was him. My date, Hyman. Not bad, I thought.


He smiled, “Are you Blue Shoes Manhattan?” “Yes. Hyman?” He gave me a kiss hello and walked me over to his table. On the way, he informed me that he was not yet finished with his business meeting, but I could join them. He didn’t want me to mention that we were just meeting for the first time on a blind Match.com date. I agreed, but thought ‘Here we go!’


So, we are at the table, of about ten men. He introduced me. Everyone was very nice. But it really seemed like a very high-powered business meeting. It was actually really fun. I got along with them all so well, that they were all kissing me good-bye by the end of the meeting.


Hyman was really impressed with me. Hey, I made him look good. I probably made him like a couple of million dollars or something. What’d I get? A martini. But it was a really good martini, by the way.


Anyway, afterwards, we went to another spot nearby. I had another martini. Probably NOT a good idea, since I never ate dinner. He didn’t drink at all. But we were really getting along. Really connecting. He seemed to be into me. I seemed to be into him. Although I got a little tipsy from the martinis. The millionaire matchmaker, Patty Stanger says, “No more than two drinks on a date.” She’s right. Well, I only had two.


He walked get me in a cab at the end of the date. Then, called me when he got home, to tell me what a wonderful time he’d had. I was thrilled. So happy that Match.com had worked! I was really looking forward to seeing him again.


………

………………


Hmmm.


………

………………


Haven’t heard from Hyman. I’ll email him.


………

………………


Hmmm.


Maybe I’ll text him.


………

………………

………

………………


Maybe I’ll call him.


………

………………


Valentine’s Day. I got a text picture of a rose. Great. Happy Valentine’s Day to me. And you wonder why I hate Valentine’s Day?


………

………………

………

………………


This is torture already.


Ok, ok. You get the picture, right?


Right. You guessed it. I never heard from friggin’ Hyman again.


Screw Match.com!!


AND the freakin’ Pierre Hotel.



2 comments:

  1. I am more than happy to buy you another martini at The Pierre hotel to boost your spirits, and remind you that there are many more fish in the sea (and your fish may even be swimming in the hotel!)

    Love,
    Nora
    Matchmaker at The Pierre hotel
    nora.walsh@tajhotels.com
    212.940.8448

    PS. I'm serious about that martini!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nora~

    Thanks for the offer. I might take you up on it sometime. Are you really a matchmaker?

    I hope there's a fish for me swimming out there somewhere!

    BSM (Blue Shoes Manhattan)

    ReplyDelete