Sunday, May 9, 2010

Adventures Sitting In My Parked Car


What an adventure! You wouldn't believe what goes on while New Yorkers are sitting in their cars waiting for their great spot to become legal. I described the dilemma in a previous blog post "A Great Spot". What people will do not to pay for parking!


I'm actually sitting in my car right now while I’m writing this. Waiting. It’s 9:03 AM. Howard Stern & Robyn yenta-ing. Drinking a hot cup of coffee. Blogging on my BlackBerry. In my pajamas! Hee hee.


I'm here because last night I forgot to move my car. If I just left it here I’d get a $115 ticket. Who needs that? So even though I don't have to work today I'm sitting here like mental patient. And I’ll be here till 10:30. Its 9:09 AM now.


This is not the first time I’ve done this. Folks will say that there is a whole sub- culture of people who do this. It’s a little nutty but effective. After 10:30 my car’s good for the weekend!


The things I've seen in this hour and a half! When you're done waiting for your spot you feel like the shit. You are so cool and have such a sense of accomplishment. That was me one time. I was just chillin’ in my car, when the traffic cop came by. I was cool. I was good. I was in my car, so I couldn't get a ticket. She stops at my car. Starts writing a ticket. What? Why? "What did I do wrong officer?"


"Your inspection is expired."


"Damn!"


One time it was summer. Hot. Chilling in my car. Windows open. Radio on. Lying back. Chair reclined. All of a sudden a scary homeless guy’s head was half way in my car. Yipes! Asking for money. I got rid of him. That was the last time I kept my window open. I don't care how hot it is out.


Another time, I woke up with the flu. But I had to go sit in my car. So somehow I dragged my ass out of bed and crawled to my car to sit and wait. I felt lousy. But there I was. At one point I really felt like puking. I had no choice but to open the car door and. Yes. I did it. I hurled out the driver’s side onto the street. When I was done I closed the door and waited for 10:30.


Come to think of it I just drank a large coffee. Really gotta poop right now. And its only 9:37. This could get ugly.


……..


…………….


Its 10:15. Ahh. The feeling passed. Thank goodness. I think I'm gonna make it.


10:29 AM. I'm sooo outa here. Have a great day! I will. I've got a great spot!



No comments:

Post a Comment